Ride Height Woes

To: "JustBrits@aol. com" <JustBrits@aol.com>
Subject: Ride Height Woes
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 14:38:06 -0500
Cc: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Ed,
        The list is too quiet. We need to wake it up.

        Here's a problem you can help us with.

        Finally, after 12 months of rebuilding, we got our suspension back on
the car. We put the Frontline upper a-arm / tube shock kit in the
front and their tube shock kit in the rear. With them, we used the
Moss 1" lower front and rear springs we got from you. We put poly
bushings in the lower a-arms, the trunions and the rear springs. In
addition, we installed the Moss lowering kit that puts spacers under
the front spring plates. Even though the car is a '76, we wanted to go
back together with the ride height lower than the earlier chrome
bumper cars.

        Yesterday, we put the car back on the ground. We jumped up and down
on the car to settle out the suspension. We didn't measure the ground
clearance before we started, but now it looks like the car is higher
than when we began!  We have 9 1/2 inches from the rocker panels to
the ground just behind the front wheels and 9 1/4 inches just in front
of the rear wheels. We measured from the rocker panels just as they
make the 90 degree bend and before the seam that sticks down about 3/4
inch.

        Maybe you (or someone on the list) can tell us what this measurement
should be on chrome bumper car.

        Have you encountered this problem before? Are we missing something?
How do we get the car to sit lower? Do we need the 2" lower rear
springs? What do we do in the front? Questions, Questions, we need
some of your expert help.

        Not good cheers,

        Tom & Will

1976 MG Midget