Re: Safety Check >

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Safety Check >
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 01:27:03 -0500 (EST)
 Frank Clarici wrote:
> > For your own safety and piece of mind, grab the front lip of
> > your bonnet,
> > wiggle it vigorously from side to side and up and down, see if
> > it unlatches.

Don't really have that problem with my 61, but I have hood pins.  Don't
really care for them, planning on reinstalling a regular bonnet latch but
it's obviosly not on the top of my priority list. Any opinions (I'm sure
there are) on hood pins vs. standard latches?  Safety only, please.  We
all know that hood pins are horrible for aesthetics.

I've heard stories about the hood flying up and destroying the windshield,
frame, part of the roof, and other various parts of my dad's '75 Camaro.
That was back when he had the Camaro though.  75-79.  And he was driving
away from an accident, so he put the damage on the wreck totals.  Some
accountability legalities.  worked for him.  Enough about a camaro i
wasn't alive to see though.

-Ryan Irwin
'61 Midget