Re: Safety Check

To: "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com>
Subject: Re: Safety Check
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 01:01:11 -0500
Cc: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
You're right -- the bonnet was not latched.  There's a long story about
this, but here's the short version:
-- Our club went on a drive through the Smokies
-- Healium vapor locked in sloooooow traffic through the Smokies
-- After checking under the bonnet, my husband Paul latched the bonnet and
checked to be sure it was secure
-- Drive contined to Gatlinburg
-- We got out and ran around and did touristy things
-- Got back to cars and headed for home
-- On the way home, the bonnet flew up.

We know it was securely latched before the stop in Gatlinburg, but someone
must have decided to take a peek.  You're right about the stock latch on the
bugeye bonnet.  There's no way it's coming loose.  I know that there are
some who don't reinstall the latches on their bugeyes' bonnets after
restoration -- y'all be careful!

The barn bugeye is very slowly coming along.  One of my Christmas presents
this year was the installation of the rebuilt engine and transmission in my
leaf green barn bugeye.  At this rate it'll be finished by 2015 or so.  I
must find a job that sends me in the direction of my car instead of an hour
in the wrong direction.  Either that or build a garage at my house.  Or
move.  Or something.

Sounds like a New Year resolution to me!

Happy New Year!
Amy