Re: Re: everyone sleeping?

To: Brad Pace <britclas@worldshare.net>
Subject: Re: Re: everyone sleeping?
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 12:02:26 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Good lord Brad.  That's heart wrenching.  How did the fire start?  How bad were
the cars?  Completely destroyed?

God I hope not.

Glad the house and shop were OK, as was your son.  I hope he was OK after you
returned home, <grin>.

Mike

Brad Pace <britclas@worldshare.net> wrote:
> > Where is everyone?  Asleep?  Recuperating from New
> Year's Eve?  Or busy  back at work trying to catch up on the
backlog?
> Just wondering........
> PeggyB

Hi fellow listers,

No not sleeping , but in somewhat of a slump. We left a week before
Christmas for a 10 day stay with my Mom down in the Carson City area
of Nev., thought it would be warmer than here in Spokane , Wa. where
it snowed the first week of Nov. and got down to -7 and yes the snow
is still here. Oh yes the weather was quite tolerable there, with the
meter hitting the 50s in Reno and the low 60s in the Sac. area. Very
nice cruising with the top down on my Moms 69 Midget. Met up with
Crash ,who then threatened to tell the list that I put the top up for
my wife when we prepared to make the dash to C.C. at dusk when a major
storm in that area was glowering. Did not amount to much but it sure
was windy in the Slide Mtn area. Came home and left the top up anyway,
it's not good to store these cars with the top down as it allows the
top to shrink too much.

Anywho, we had a great visit with Crash and checked out his private
stash of goodies and a lovely Bugeye project that he has been woorking
on for sometime. After a little difficulty starting the beast , due to
cold weather and perhaps some old gas, it smoothed right out and
purred like a Kitten. It will make a Sweet Little Bugeye when it is
done. When we parted we talked of getting together for a drive and
some dinner before the return home, but when we got back to Moms there
was a message from my son and the news was not good. So we never got
back with Crash ( Sorry to keep you in the dark so long Crash) , but I
will see you again when I am next in that area. Which may not be too
far off, more on that in a moment.

  Tried to catch up to Steve Mcgee but he was off house hunting and we
were looking for jeep parts
and under a time constraint. Oh well , tomorrow is another day. Did
you find a house Steve? Hey I went through 4 tanks of gas in that
Midget and NO OIL! Try to top that. Could be because it only has
33,000 mi. on it......., well 34,000 now.

  Oh , the bad news! It seems that my garage burned to the ground ,
two days after we left. That may not have been too bad, but there were
some vehicles in there. Like a '62 Chev. Impala SS 327 4 speed,my
lovely little 1930 American Austin, my Big Block 4x4 1t dually and my
1937 H/D 74 in. Flathead.Not to mention my complete Woodshop and a
bunch of other stuff, like a bunch of LBC factory service tools. Hey
it could have been worse. The house was untouched and my shop was Okay
too. Now that would have killed me as it is 50x60 with a 20x60 upper
story that is Chock A Block  full of LBCs and parts, 19 vehicles in
all. 2 Big Healeys, 2 58 Bugeyes, 56 Magnette,68 CGT, 73 B RD,70BGT,
67 BGT, 75 RBB undergoing conv. to CBB, 77B, 79LE, MM P/U, 69 Sprite
and a 74 Mini that is in the middle of getting a new Heritage shell.Oh
yes, the wifes 66 Sprite, my 58 MGA,
49 CJ3A and the oddball Mazda P/U.  Jeez Louise! I had better skip the
fishing boat and trailer. It did not seem like much until I started
typing it out and this is not even 1/2 of the number as there are at
least 30 other cars at my other place. I'm not being boastfull just
got carried away illustrating my good fortune! Praise God for saving
everything else and finding me worthy of testing!

  I did not get angry when I got the news but I was, certainly,
privately upset for a goodly portion of our little Winter sojourn.
However there was naught to be done and I had trouble accessing the
Ins. Co.s due to the holidays so I just put it off until my return.

 The last Ins. fellow was here yesterday so I now feel free to let the
incident be known. I won't know for a bit what the outcome will be but
I should get a new garage and woodshop out of it , plus a couple of
vehicles replaced. Time will tell.

   I started cleaning up the mess last week and my 46 GMC dumptruck is
getting more of a workout lately than it has had in quite a spell. My
first load was all the roofing tin that went to the scrappers
, 1340 lbs of twisted sheetmetal, not much of a load but a lot of mass
when you consider that it does not stack too well after it has been
through a furnace. Got a whopping $3.45 for it, my lunch cost only
$3.06 but was eclipsed by the fuel bill!

         So how was the rest of Youses holiday, Brad

P.S.,

    The Good News! I found a 48 MG YA while I was in Reno and worked
out a deal sooooooooooo, guess who is going back South when the Winter
is over? This baby is SWEET,
only a couple of little dents to fix and NO rust. A complete car that
just needs me at the wheel
( RHD) and the open road. Give the Nagivator...........er Navigator
Wife a map and an ice chest and I am out of here.

   As Ed is fond of saying  " Cheers!"

  By the way Larry, I have not forgotten you, drop me a post, please.