Re: engine pull...

To: "Bill" <pythias@pacifier.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: engine pull...
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 03:03:53 -0600
Don't forget the ground wires....

are you pulling the Trans too?   I always do.... I have only pulled the
engine once without pulling the trans... it's just easier for me....

if your going to don't forget to empty the trans oil...

I also always empty the water outside as I hate working in that mess....

and most important piece of advice I have ever heard.... " Do you take a
bath before you go to the doctor?"  then wash the hell out of it before you
take it in your shop.... it's so much nicer to work on stuff that is
Clean.... it gives you Pride in workmanship.... Folks that work in Grease
and Grim...simply don't care about what they are working on....

Second best piece of advice...." never hire a mechanic with cut up hands"
he doesn't care enough about where he hands are fixing to be to look before
he pulls on that wrench.... if he don't care about himself what makes you
think he is going to care about your car"   I have found that to be
astoundingly True.... the best mechanic's I know have hands that aren't cut
up.... What that means is that you never pull or push on something that you
don't think in advance about where your hands are going to be when it breaks
loose or slips off....

Keith ( gots my dish pan hands... I hate for them to be dirty believe it or
not.... I wash my hands maybe 15-20 times a day when I am working on the
car.... It gives me a sec to think...and it makes me feel professional....
why I don't know... just feels right )