Re: Carb Cleaning

To: begowest@telus.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb Cleaning
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 22:52:57 EST
In a message dated 1/19/2001 7:17:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
begowest@telus.net writes:

<< Can anyone recommend a product for cleaning up dirty and stained SU 's?
 The usual solvents will remove the grease and muck, but is there
 anything that will remove the stains before I dismantle the carbs for
 rebuilding? Thanks. >>

David:

Two things come to mind.  First, if you have the carbs dismantled and want to
clean the metal bodies, I have had success with carb cleaner in a gallon can
from NAPA.  I wear rubber gloves and make wire "holders" to hook through the
item I am cleaning and then hook the wire over the edge of the bucket.

The other is Mag wheel cleaner.  It is a phosphoric acid product and does a
pretty good job of cleaning aluminum.

--David C.