Re:

To: Barry <barryk@cableone.net>
Subject: Re:
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 09:01:56 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Barry wrote:

> I am putting together a Bugeye with a 1430 motor, Datsun 5 speed and don't
> want to drop $1500 on rear discs and a posi. Can anyone tell me what is
> involved in putting a RX-7 rear end in. I have heard mention here a few
> times, why are they popular. Is anyone using any other rear ends?
>
> Thanks,
> Barry
> Appreciate the help!

        A friend took his to a machine shop and had it shortened (can't
remember the
amount) and the GSL drive shaft shortened to fit in his 12A Bugeye. I believe
most any competent machine shop should be able to handle it, as long as they
have an appreciation for the importance of it being straight. He had a complete
custom front end (double A-arms) so I think he used most of the Mazda brakes. I
think the car is in Missouri, now.
--
~
'87 RX-7 TII: It lives! I just hope it doesn't kill its master.

~