A goodly MG weekend!

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: A goodly MG weekend!
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 00:51:44 -0500
Well, this weekend turned out pretty good, Midget-wise. A few weeks ago
(right after Christmas) I discovered I had a cracked intake manifold. Doh!
Luckily I had another around. I was needed to take off the carbs for some
work anyway, and I finally got them back on a couple of weeks back.
Everything seemed OK, but I discovered the alternator was bad - it had been
converted to a GM one - and I replaced that today (with another GM). Seems
to work fine now. So I'm now planning, for the first time since I got the
car at the end of August, to actually DRIVE it somewhere useful, like to
work this week. Woo-hoo!

I also sent in a pic to the DC MG club - you can see it at
http://www.mgcarclubdc.com/photos5.html. It has the distinction of being the
FIRST and ONLY Midget (non-T type anyway) on the club's picture pages.

(Hey Dan Dwelley, you should send a pic of yours! - You can be the FIRST and
ONLY RB Midget there! They need a Bugeye too!)

Eddie
1971 Midget