Re: Rockers And Head Nuts (Sounds Like a Punk Rock Band)

To: millerls@ado13.com
Subject: Re: Rockers And Head Nuts (Sounds Like a Punk Rock Band)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 17:19:27 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a semi-emergency I have removed the rockers and then retightned the bolts
back down without draining down anything.  However, it's not really good
practice especially not compared to the price of a head gasket.

Daniel1312

In a message dated 31/01/01 13:46:54 Pacific Standard Time,
spritenut@Exit109.com writes:

<< Larry Miller wrote:

 > When removing the rockers, is it necessary to loosen all of the head nuts?
 >
 > Any danger of warping the head if only those holding the rockers are
 > removed?

 I do. But don't forget to drain down the coolant so you do not get it in
 the cylinders or oil. Remove the lower hose at the water pump, this will
 drain enough coolant. >>