Re[2]: Virus ( Snow White ... ) NO LBC Content!!!!!!!!

To: "Eddie Sheffield" <esheffield@prizmail.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Virus ( Snow White ... ) NO LBC Content!!!!!!!!
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 06:22:21 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello Eddie,

              personally, i have NEVER had much luck with programs
              that sit in the background and purport to "help"..
              whether they are anitvirus, or crash protectors, i
              ALWAYS have more lock up, and problems with them
              running.

              that said, i DO use norton antivirus, but instead of
              running it in the background, i run a scan about once
              every 2 or three months...

              i have been getting programs since the old BBS days,
              clear back to 1988, and have only been infected by
              viruses twice...

              once i was infected, had no virus protection, bought
              NORTON, and norton HOSED my system.. had to do a
              complete reinstall of WIN 98.. format the drive, etc...

              i have never had so many system lock ups as when i was
              running "crash protection"... stop it, stop it stop it..

              one solution to the email virus attacks is to use a less
              popular email client.. I stopped using OUTLOOK, Eudora,
              Netscape.. in part because they ARE to popular and the
              virus creators find it all to easy to use them as
              vehicles for attack... ... I highly reccomend THE BAT
              from ritlabs.com.. it is full featured (way beyond
              outlook) and regularly updated.. in fact they do updates
              about 4 times a year.. (when was the last time OUTLOOK
              was updated?????)

--
Best regards,
 Bill