Sprite is here, but not without event

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Sprite is here, but not without event
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 00:02:24 EST
Hey list. My 62 Sprite made it in last night. However there were a few
mishaps. First of all the car dolley decided to turn it's platform sideways
somewhere in Georgia. My parents, who were bringing it up here, stopped off
at a U-haul dealership and the guy there told them not to worry about it,
just hit a good bump and it will straighten out. Well they got back on the
highway and sure enough they hit a GOOD bump, bounced the car off the ground
a hair but it did straighten out. Next somewhere in Illinois, about 30 or 40
miles from Wisconsin a guy driving a van came around and was swinging his
arms and pointing to the Sprite. My mother looked back and didn't see
anything wrong so they kept going. Unbeknownced to them the bonnet had just
flown off the car. When I seen it this morning I seen why the bonnet had came
off. They were towing it backwards. There were no bolts holding the hood to
the hinges, just the front latch. I did tell them this before they left. Also
lost the grille. They were both worried that I would be very angry about
this. I told them that I was not angry, I was just glad noone was hurt. The
bonnet and grille were not reusable but I was going to use the hood for the
steel I would need to patch the body. Oh well, I will just get new sheet
metal instead. However I could use a decent bonnet, looks kinda odd without
it. Got one Peter C.? :-) Anyway I am just happy to have most of my car here.
More than that I'm glad my noone got hurt in the bonnet mishap, that could
have been very ugly. Also got my Trans Am. It has to go to the shop tomorrow
though, it still isn't running right. Need to get the carb tuned a little
more and get the timing set. That's all I have for now.

Jamie
1962 AH Sprite MK II (in the land of snow and salt)
1979 Trans Am (back on the road again)
Web site links:  <A
HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/darkside/mycar.html";>Welcome to my british
car site</A>