Re: Spring troubles, follow-up

To: Lena <lflaherty65@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Spring troubles, follow-up
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 13:13:34 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net
A big thanks to everyone who sent responses to my spring question. I had
many replies to this one and most were like the one below... bottom line
- TOAST. I called a local spring shop and they weren't sure they could
reproduce it because of the offset. I'll probably be going back to stock
springs for now and check the couple sources suggested by some for a
replacement.

Thanks,

Gerard

At 3:58 PM -0800 2/6/01, Lena wrote:
> Gerard,
>

>My husband, the welding and metalurgy God, (OK demi-God), says that
your spring is toast.  Spring steel cannot be welded without taking the
temperment out of the steel, it basically loses its memory.  Even after
welding, spring steel cannot be heat treated back to its original
tolerance.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.   Booty Jo

>  Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com> wrote:
>

>After seeing Toby's photo of the driver's side of my Bugeye on
Saturday, it

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints