Re: Porsche bug-i

To: grbyrns@ucdavis.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Porsche bug-i
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 14:09:29 EST
In a message dated 2/8/01 12:48:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
grbyrns@ucdavis.edu writes:

> Hey! Youse guys dissin' my dash?  Mine is original wood too, made from a
> tree and everything.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I was at the Healey Encounter last summer and saw a 100-6 (I think. I dunno
what model it was!) that had a wood firewall.  Now think about that.  What is
the purpose of a firewall?  To keep an engine fire from burning the passenger
compartment, right?  Why would you make one out of a combustible material?  I
guess it was easier to mount all the wires and fuse block, etc.  He also had
a Ford V8 in it.  Not exactly a concours winner.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport