1098 Pistons

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 1098 Pistons
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 22:35:35 -0700
I am trying to clean up some odds and ends from earlier projects and I
want to rebuild the 1098cc engine from a former car and put it up for
resale. I am looking for help on two things:

First, I am in need of a set of four +30 pistons for the 1098. Does
anyone have a set they want to part with? I have checked the usual
places and while there are sets available, they are expensive for a
rebuild of this nature.

Second, is there any sense of what a combination of a fully equipped
1098cc rebuilt engine and a rebuilt ribcase transmission would be worth
on the marketplace? I know that the 1098 is not a popular engine, but I
assume it has SOME residual value.

Thanks for your help.

        Keith