Forwarded message

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded message
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 17:44:07 -0700 (MST)
For some reason, this was sent to me rather than spridgets@autox.team.net.

mjb.
----

     Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 18:12:23 -0500
     From: Travis Grant Elliott <TGElliott@atmc.net>
     Subject: Fire in the HOLE!!!

Hi all,

     It's been quite a while since I have really posted to the list, but
today qualifies me as a semi-operational midget owner!!!

   After a little over 1 1/2 years, working both on and off, My 1500
finally grumbled to life!  I haven't got it idling yet, but in time.

   Now I know many of you are thinking," Grumbled, come on it's a 1500"
well this 1500 has had some modifications. Three angle valve job, Kent
camshaft, custom built flat top pistons, 10.5:1 compression, thrust washers
pinned, oil journals enlarged, valve cover oil feed, monza header, weber
carb, jacobs omni torker ignition,,,, so  it GRUMBLED.....

   Now to get all the rest of the car put together so I can drive,
hopefully in a lot less time than it took to get the engine cranked.  I
completely disassembled the car to redo it, not restore it.

Thanks for listening, I had to tell someone to share the feeling.

Travis Elliott
1979 MG Midget 1500   1st car and original owner