Roll Bar Padding

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roll Bar Padding
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 07:14:24 -0600
List opinion needed (even yours Ed...<G>) I am putting the roll bar I
got from Fisher and Elizabeth in the 65 Sprite. It is not an SCCA
approved (it fits under the hood) but it will dress up the car a bit and
it is the best place to undercount an auxiliary brake light. I feel
better with a halogen brake light at belly button height than with the
stock height of knee level. I want to cover the bar with some padding to
soften it up should you bump your head getting in and out and to cover
up the brake light wiring.
Here is where I need your opinion: what is the best way to fasten the
padding....
A. zip ties
B. electrical tape
C. other

also, if using the electrical tape or zip ties, what kind of spacing is
recommended. every 2 inches or farther apart. I don't want this stuff
flapping around if I can help it.  Thanks, Brad