Save the Sprite!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Save the Sprite!
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 05:51:17 -0800 (PST)
 As "Frankie from Hollywood" would say,

    "Relax, don't do it!"

 I've had my '68 B for almost 12 years (I also own
 a '70 Midgie, named "Tweety") and for the first
 few years really debated on keeping it. I was comming
 back from a long trip in the 'B a few years ago and
 decided to get gas.

 The car was dirty, bugs pasted all over the front,
 and was running a little rough. Some yuppie-head
 pulled in next to me with a spotless Porsche to get
 gas also. He came around to my car and said, "Don't
 ever get rid of it. I really regretted the day I
 sold mine." He then went on to explain how fun his
 British car had been, how cheaply it was to repair,
 and the about the true motoring experience.

 I actually felt bad for him when I pulled out and
 saw the "lost puppy-dog look" he was giving me. A
 British car stirs the soul, gives you something back
 of a more simple time, and nothing beats driving it
 on a country road in the Fall. One of the best sounds
 in the world is doing 40mph, in third gear, going
 through a heavily wooded area.

=====