Re: Silicone fluid

To: Tommy_Samuels@markivauto.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Silicone fluid
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 13:05:38 EST
In a message dated 2/14/01 1:44:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Tommy_Samuels@markivauto.com writes:

> The time has come to rebuild the master cyclinder
> DPO used silicone fluid here and in brakes.  How can I get rid of silicone
> and

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Rebuild everything and replace all rubber parts in all wheel cylinders,
calipers, proportioning valve, and MC, and replace flex hoses.  Flush all
tubing with alcohol and dry with compressed air.  Just rebuilding the MC is
not enough.  Fill with Castrol GT LMA or equivilant DOT 4 fluid, NOT DOT 3.
Bleed, and bleed, and bleed.

It sounds like a lot, but it's good practice!  :-)

Safety Fast!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget