Re: Promised dual HIF 44 info

To: NewNGsInfo@cs.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Promised dual HIF 44 info
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 06:10:03 EST
Hi John,

You haven't said what needles and springs are.

Daniel1312

In a message dated 21/02/01 18:55:58 Pacific Standard Time, NewNGsInfo@cs.com
writes:

<< All,

 I've told a number of folks I'd provide a view of my dual HIF44 SU's and
some
 info about them.  Well, I am now happy enough with them to deliver on that
 promise.  I just came back from several great test runs (between rain days).

 I'd say that these are the best SU carbs I've ever had. While they are
 probably too much for most A series engines, they seem right for the 1380.
 With dual SU's, one needs good throttle shafts, good linkage, and a correct
 manifold.  These carbs add the built in float chambers, ball berring dash
 pots, and centered mixture needles.

 I find that proper linkage synchronous (carbs open equally throughout the
 acceleration), followed by equal rich/lean and good float levels are the
 prime factors on tight SU's. Idle is equalized using a UniSyn gauge but has
 little to do with operational performance.  I check rich/lean by judging the
 difference (or lack of) color of the plugs between front or rear holes after
 low speed or high speed runs. Chalk white is lean, sooty black is rich,
 chocolate brown is goldie locks!

 View the new stuff at the bottom of:>

 http://ourworld-top.cs.com/JCareyPage/ah.html

 John Carey >>