Re: Parts Cleaning Question

To: boxweed@thebest.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Parts Cleaning Question
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 22:09:37 -0600
Bob:

While I don't know what the 'Redi-Strip' places use, we have a commercial
hot-tank which uses an alkaline-based solution; nasty, obnoxious, grease
and rust eating stuff which will strip rust, crud, and assorted gunk and
goo.  Also does a number on galvanized coatings (removes 'em) and
aluminum (dissolves it).  I am told that the stuff will work cold, but
works best when heated.

I think the stuff is manufactured under the name "Zep."  If you'd like, I
can verify that.

Rich -- Council Bluffs, Iowa
'74.5 RB MGB "Miss Maggie"
'79 Midget "Miss Molly"
'86 Ford Crown Victoria LTD "BarcaLounger on Wheels"
richard.arnold@juno.com  or  rdarnold@neonramp.com
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!