Re: Rebuilt brake master cylinder source?

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rebuilt brake master cylinder source?
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 20:41:32 -0800
Charley:

I think it depends on what you mean by "rebuild". (Didn't we just do that?)
At any rate, if the MC you have is sound, and the threaded parts are in good
shape, I would suggest that you are better off to have it resleeved and only
then put in a rebuild kit. Just the kit alone? Don't waste your time and
money. Resleeveing with brass or bronze will make it much better than a new
one, as you will no longer be faced with the inevitable corrosion of the
bore(s).

My definition of "rebuild" when it comes to brake masters or cylinders
includes resleeveing.

Doug Ingram
Victoria BC
1958 Sprite  (AN5L/636)