Re: Rebuilt brake master cylinder source?

To: dougi@home.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rebuilt brake master cylinder source?
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 06:30:52 EST
In a message dated 2/28/2001 11:44:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dougi@home.com writes:

<< I think it depends on what you mean by "rebuild". (Didn't we just do that?)
 At any rate, if the MC you have is sound, and the threaded parts are in good
 shape, I would suggest that you are better off to have it resleeved and only
 then put in a rebuild kit. Just the kit alone? Don't waste your time and
 money. Resleeveing with brass or bronze will make it much better than a new
 one, as you will no longer be faced with the inevitable corrosion of the
 bore(s).

 My definition of "rebuild" when it comes to brake masters or cylinders
 includes resleeveing. >>

Anybody have any good things to say about honing the cylinders in MCs?  I
noticed that Sears has a hone that goes into a drill that is intended to hone
the cylinders.

--David C.