Salt cars and Re: Worst Car of the Millinnium--NO LBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Salt cars and Re: Worst Car of the Millinnium--NO LBC
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 08:24:47 -0800 (PST)
--- DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:
> OK--The Car Talk results are in.  Here are the
> results of the Worst Car of
> the Millennium selection.

Several of these cars are on my list for "Winter Salt
Car" for next winter.  These are cars that can be had
in running condition for $25 or less that you
immediately discard after the snow has melted, or
junked if they have a serious mechanical problem that
costs more than the car is worth, like a flat tire or
a cracked spark plug.  There's a VW van around the
corner that has been for sale for over 2 years (note
to Peter C. - we passed it in the dark the night we
drove the Sprite home).  It started out at $2000 obo,
it went to $900, now it says "$1,000,000 OBO".  For a
luxo-salt car, we got our sights set on a '79 El
Dorado fully loaded for $150 I see in front of a farm
on my drive to work.  There's a rust hole where the
sunroof used to be.

=====
Ron Soave
"Driver Carries No Cash"