Re: Power for fuel pump for 1971 Sprite

To: "Louis Mehr (EML)" <Louis.Mehr@eml.ericsson.se>
Subject: Re: Power for fuel pump for 1971 Sprite
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 14:00:49 -0500
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
"Louis Mehr (EML)" wrote:

> 1/ It's not clear to me how the fuel pump live wire should be routed to the
>pump i.e. where is the hole in the floor through which this cable should pass?

There is a hole in the boot floor on the right side where the tank and
pump wires pass. It is inside the rib.
If it were not raining, blowing, and sleeting, I would go out and get
the exact spot.

> I would have expected a hole in the floor close to the pump and the wire
>would emerge through this.

The hole is near the tank, the wire is strapped to the fuel pipe coming
from the tank to the pump.

> 2/ I'm concerned about the fuel lines being struck when I drive over a
>"sleeping policeman".
> There is a lip at the rear of the car over which the solid fuel pipe must
>pass in order to reach the flexible pipe attached to the pump.
>
> Why isn't there a recess in this lip through which the fuel line could pass ?
> Without a recess the pipe looks quite vulnerable to me.

The pipe runs along the rail on the floor pan. It has 2 hair pin looking
clips to keep it up inside that rail. In the back it bends up to the
pump. Across the front, it clips to the frame rail awhere it bends to
the left side, mounts to the left motor mount and up to the carbs.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ