Re: cleaning out a gas tank

To: <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: cleaning out a gas tank
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 09:21:35 -0500
Cc: "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I just bought some of that Zep Formula 9878 (like they use in professional
stripping places) that Rich Arnold recommended for cleaning rust, paint,
tar, undercoating, etc. off metal parts (main ingredient is NaOH, which does
not harm the metal).  Cost was about $220 for 135 lbs. of the powder, which
is mixed in a ratio of 1/2 lb to 1 gal. of water if used cold.  Now all I
have to do is find a big tub to put it all in.  Will let y'all know how well
this stuff works as soon as I use it.

Bob