drive to work

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: drive to work
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 08:12:30 -0800
Hurray!!  The rain stopped, the pavement dried and the cold virus has
abandoned me.  Time to drive the bugeye.  One week hiding in the garage next
to the Morris while the heavens opend up didn't phase the little dear.   The
newly rebuilt (200mi) motor fired nicely and warmed up in the driveway while
the 11-year old stuffed her saxaphone in behind the seats.  With a low-note
growl we lit out for her school.  Every male head and a few female ones as
well turned as we passed. After I dropped her off I slipped onto the freeway
for the three mile run to the offramp for work.  I was in forth by the end
of the ramp doing 70, shifted into 5th gear and LEFT.  Eased up for the
curve, spotted a CHP gaining but was already down to 70.  He looked me over
for a second, smiled, and passed me by.  I pulled into the parking lot and
shut it off.   I'm still trying to wipe the grin off my face.
Drive 'em if you got 'em, fix 'em if they're busted.  It doesn't get any
better.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye