Re: First Day Over, No LBC now record changer

To: "WFO Herb" <froggi@cdsnet.net>, "Larry B. Macy" <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: First Day Over, No LBC now record changer
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 11:50:28 -0500
Cc: "Brad Fornal" <toyman@digitex.net>, "Paul A. Asgeirsson" <PAsgeirsson@compuserve.com>, "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
As a kid in high school, in the magical fifties, in Pittsburgh, PA
(like there's really any other one) I worked in a radio-TV repair shop
that had a regional contract from GM to do warranty work on those damn
things.  I don't know if they would work in flat places with smooth
roads, but there was no way it was gonna happen in pot hole heaven,
Western Pennsylvania.  We would take them in, fiddle, fix nothing,
"readjust the suspension" of the player and send them on their way,
just waiting for the 90 day warranty to run out.  Bout the only way
they did work was when "parking".......of course the whole package
("hollow state"; vibrator and 6X4 rectifer) drew a bit more than seven
amps so one didn't want to do that for a long session......just long
enough for the Everly Brothers or the Platters to set the magical mood
and then on to more energetic endeavors.  Thats how it was, boys and
girls.......
Larry