Idle LBC chat (driving too quickly)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Idle LBC chat (driving too quickly)
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 17:14:51 EST
Hi list,

Got into a bit of a motorway burn-up with some Opel Omega-whatever this
afternoon.  He flashed me for doing 70 in the middle lane when the inside
lane was empty (I know this is poor lane discipline but I was doing 70 and
the 3rd lane wasn't that busy).  After he went past at about 80 I speeded up
to catch up with him.  I flashed HIM in the 3rd lane and put the pedal to the
metal (without changing down to 4th)  I couldn't really tell if he dropped a
gear or not but I saw a large puff of black smoke that indicated he had taken
the bait hook line and sinker.  He never managed to pull away from me because
I had gotten on the gas first! <ha>.  I kept the same distance all the way to
over a hundred.  The third lane in front of him got busier about this time
and I doubt we got a peak speed much over 108 and by the time I re-set the
tacho so I could read the tell tale later we were down to 103 for sure.  I
also doubt if he ever got flat out (I guess his car would peak at about
130+/-) but then again neither was I, and he never managed to pull away from
me and since I kept a steady position behind him all the while he accelerated
to over a 100, he'll never know how quick I might have gone.

Of course by the time I had steadied down (to 70) I was going past the exit I
should have taken but found a quicker alternative route (via the M6 if anyone
is interested).

It rained on the way back so I drove steady.

Daniel1312 - you need a 286 cam and 5 speed to do this.