Re: Early rear cylinders

To: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Early rear cylinders
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 20:25:16 -0000
From Larry Miller <millerls at ado13.com>
To: rob thomas <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>; spridgets
<spridgets@autox.team.net>; <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: 13 March 2001 15:57

> 7H7949(right) and 7H7950(left)
>
> > Can anyone get for me the part number of the rear cylinders for the
> frogeye?

Thanks!  Needless to say, those numbers don't tie up with any of the numbers
cast into the cylinders I have here.      : (        Guess I should have
clarified the request with "Lockheed part number, the one cast onto the
side".  Minors use a 13/16 or
7/8 bore whilst the Wolseley uses a 3/4 bore.  Guess the Frog is 3/4 too?
The slot in the backplate for the Frogeye is 750 thou wide but only 700 thou
on the wolseley.  Do I grind the new backplates out and use modified
cylinders after changing the handbrake levers over, or do I buy the
expensive repro cylinders?  Decisions decisions.....

///