Re: Further To No Power (GMC Pickup)

To: mgraziano@mindspring.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Further To No Power (GMC Pickup)
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 09:16:37 EST
In a message dated 03/17/2001 9:12:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mgraziano@mindspring.com writes:

> Is it me,  or does this seem like a fuel issue?  Or can it be transmission
> related?  Does it sound more like a fuel delivery issue,  or a carburation
> issue?
>
> Sorry to bomb the lists with this again,  but I need to use this truck this
> coming week.
>
> Thanks to all who offered their ideas on Wednesday.  Anyone have anything
> else I should check?  And no,  the answer's not "Get a Ford."  <grin>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have a friend who had similar symptoms in a Chebbie truck.  She was trying
to trade it in and they told her it had a bent connecting rod and wasn't
worth much because it needed a new engine.

I replaced the plugs and plug wires and it ran fine after that.  She traded
it in at a different dealer.

My point is to try the simple stuff first.  Plug wires and a tune up can
correct a lot of problems.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 Midget