BMC AM Radio and Console

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: BMC AM Radio and Console
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 21:25:13 -0800
     I just came into possession of a BMC push button AM radio and black
painted sheet metal console.  It would fit my Bugeye perfectly and look
very "period".  The push buttons seem to be stuck, but the channel can
be changed by turning the knob.  I have not tested it yet, the speaker
mounted below it in the console is toast.  Does anyone know when these
radios were made available for Spridgets?  Was it available when my
Bugeye was new?
     Does any one have a junk BMC radio?  One of the center knobs is
damaged, it otherwise looks great.  I'm going to Radio Shack tomorrow
and get a cheap speaker and try to make it work.  I got this radio from
my friend and he wants to put it on eBay.  I might just keep it myself,
if not I will make it available to the list first.
     BTW had a great day driving around San Bernardino in my Bugeye.
Weather was in the high 70s.  An old man stopped me in Redlands by
honking his horn and chasing me with his car.  He has a 60 Sprite that
he has had since it was new and wanted to see mine.  He shook my  hand
and thanked me for restoring it!  There were a lot of "thumbs ups" and
"nice car!"   Some young kids in a Honda pulled up next to me and asked
if the engine was in the rear!  Boy I love this car!
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite

///