Very BIG Grin

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Very BIG Grin
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 16:08:20 -0500
Hi all,

   As I sit here and type this, I have a very big grin plastered on my face
that many of you have had before...... I DROVE MY MIDGET TODAY!!!!!!

First of all, I want to thank Ed, at justbrits, for the many parts and for
one veeerrryyy useful tool:  The Mityvac!  It made bleeding my clutch a one
man effort that took less time to do than it took to jack the car up and
put it on stands. Highly recomment this tool!!

Well, I drove it today, with no front fenders, no hood (bonnet), no doors,
no boot lid, no windsheild, no seats (see ED I ain't skeered) and most of
all, no Brakes!!!!  It was a blast, no muffler, just headers, that deep
sound the wind in my face, it is indescribable (spelling?)  I figured that
no brakes would be no problem, because I just wanted to try it out!!!!!
Let's just say that down shifting help to slow down, because I went through
1st and 2nd and into third before my little road, (dead end 1/4 mile with a
right hand curve, dirt road), made me slow down,  I did press the brakes
BTW and realized that I was going too fast,,, no problem,,, a short U turn
in my front yard and I had another 1/4 mile staring at me to slow down in ;-)

When I was rounding the curve for about the 5th time, I shifted into 2nd
and got on the gas,,, the rear broke traction and slide out ever so nicely..

It is truely a joy.  Now I have to make myself calm down and finish my redo
in a timely manner and not rush just so I can get it on the road ;-)

Once again, thanks for listening!!!  As soon as I had the car back in the
garage, I came up to let my brotherhood (and sisterhood;-) know that
another one is just about to be back on the road.  Possibly by British Car
Week, but I doubt it will be that soon.  October the 3rd will be my 22
anniversary of first driving this car by myself, so I am shooting for that
date at the latest!

This time I am closing,

Thanks For being there, All of you,
Travis G. Elliott