pulling MY engine (71 Midget vs 38 Idiot)

To: spr <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: pulling MY engine (71 Midget vs 38 Idiot)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 19:01:03 -0800
Hokay boys & girls! I have finally spent enuf time (vs depression) on
the car to have the engine sposedly unhooked from the tranny. Doing
the job alone, I figured it would be easier to pull the tranny
separately.

Even pulled the crossing pipe above the steering rack & the LH mount.
(The bolts were not SAE half inch. 13mm worked.) I swear I have every-
thing  unhooked, but the engine will only come half an inch away
from the tranny housing.

I'm supporting the transmission like the manual says. I got sweat
running down my head and it's still March!!  Starter is out. Big and
little bits are off and away. How deep does the tranny shaft run into
the engine? I'd expect it to be free by now.  Then I'll be ready for
The 5 speed Wonderhorse Transmission.  Yea team!

I imagine, checking it by the calm and collective light of a new dawn,
I will find the problem and smack my forehead like Frank C.

People who only pull both as a unit - please stop & think.

Any ideas?

DMC

///