Re: Earthing cables

To: rob thomas <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>
Subject: Re: Earthing cables
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 14:01:46 -0500
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
rob thomas wrote:

> Any smart suggestions for how to get a really good earth from headlights
> etc?  New Metro/Rover 100 has a special point on the bodywork for earthing.

So do Spridgets.
Look on the right hand inner fender, there is a welded nut. The
headlight ground bolts right there. Also the heater air tube clamp bolts
at the same spot. You should have a terminal on the harness close to
this spot.

Another earth is at the flasher unit where it bolts to the firewall (up
to 69/70 anyway)

For electrical contacts I use Koppershield, it is a copper based grease.
Be careful using it and where, too much will short out small bulbs and
sockets. It is like Neversieze, 1 tiny bit on you hand and it's all over
your clothes, garage, car, and face. This stuff is also great on exhaust
systems that may have to come apart someday.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

///