fuel sender

To: "Spridget mail list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: fuel sender
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 08:20:15 -0400
'79 Midget. I'm trying to see if my fuel sender is still good. When I pulled
it, the float was stuck, and the dash gauge would read 3/4 tank when I turned
on the ignition. I've freed the stuck float, and hooked the sender back up,
grounding it from the flat plate to the chassis. Now I don't get any needle
movement off of E on the gauge no matter what position the float is in. Only
two things I can think of: 1. I didn't ground the sender rignt, or 2. it's
toast.

Did I ground it right?

TIA

-=Chris