Won Engine on Ebay!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Won Engine on Ebay!
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 20:54:02 EDT
Looks like I will be able to reconstruct my Midget!  I just won a 1500 engine
on Ebay for $200.  Hopefully it is in as good shape as the seller indicated.
It will be shipped from New Jersey.  My thanks to Frank for offering to pick
it up for me--I need the engine immediately because it is my daily driver I
am working on--so I am telling the seller to ship it to me.  I will refresh
the engine with new main and crank bearings, new timing chain, and new front
and rear seals before I place it in my car.  Plus a few other various and
sundry items.  I also have to move the detox bits from my old engine to the
new one.  But this will cut my "up and running" beginning time
considerably--not to mention the expense.

One question:  I noted the engine (from its pic) has the mechanical fuel pump
in place. I am using an electric after market pump (one of those square ones
from Moss) which performs flawlessly.  Any good reason to retain the current
electric one over the mechanical, or vice versa?

--David C

--David C.

///