Top installation question

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Top installation question
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 00:48:37 -0400
Hi all,

Well, I finally bought a new top. I had wanted canvas, but things got a
little tight around here lately so I back off to a vinyl. Specifically I
bought a Prestige top with zip down rear window in Superior Vinyl - almost
$100.00 less than the canvas. I have to say I'm REALLY impressed with their
service. Called the US 800 number which apparently goes to the UK anyway.
Spoke with the most polite salesman I've ever dealt with - very meticulous
to make sure he had all the information correct. Said they were out of stock
so it would take about 10 days - I wasn't in a huge hurry so that was fine.
But it came in less than a week - ordered on a Thursday, came on Tuesday!
Looks to be a very good quality top. Even came with all new Tenax fasteners
and snaps - I thought I would have to reuse the old ones. Hope the fit is as
good.

Anyway, my questions. It came with pretty good directions, but it says to
glue the front to the rail with "impact cement" (or maybe adhesive - going
from memory). Is that the same as "contact cement"? And if so is it the same
stuff I get at Home Depot to stick down laminate countertop? Exactly what
adhesive have you all used to do this?

Also, there are a couple of flaps of vinyl about 2" x 4" attached very near
the front corners. The instructions don't appear to tell what to do with
these. Where do they go? Do they just wrap around the end of the rail and
tuck under the strip that holds the seal?

Thanks all!

Eddie
1971 Midget

///