Re: paint work and thanks

To: cshelden <shelden3@pldi.net>
Subject: Re: paint work and thanks
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 07:08:24 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I have seen several Spridgets that had a cover coat put on a different color,
the
inevitable paint chips end up showing the previous color. We took our 68 to bare
metal because the doors had been replaced (they were originally green, and it
showed). remember that the original color is on the entire car, under the
bonnet,
in the boot, in the footwells, under the carpet.................. It depends on
how detailed you want to be........

cshelden wrote:

> Thanks to all that answered my question in regards to lead/unleaded valves.
>
> Now...I am going to have this car repainted and the new paint will be a
> different color. Is it best to strip it down to the bare metal? The paint is
> solid that is on the car now, or can I just go over the car with some green
> scotch brite as one body shop suggested and hit it with primer?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Charlie Shelden

///