Re[2]: I can't resist.........

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re[2]: I can't resist.........
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 10:22:45 -0400
Cc: bohler@prodigy.net, walters@mail.softcom.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello Ajhsys,

Saturday, April 07, 2001, 8:46:47 AM, you wrote:

Aac> He was probably named after his hero, WWI flying ace, Wrong Way Corrigan.
Aac> (At least I think he was WWI.  That's B4 my time.)

On July 17, 1938, Douglas Corrigan filed a flight plan for California and took
off
from a Brooklyn airfield in a tiny single-engine plane. 29 hours later he
arrived
in Ireland, claiming his compasses had failed. Although Corrigan never quite
admitted
it, his mistake was surely a ruse to circumvent aviation authorities who had
turned down his request to make a trans-Atlantic flight. Corrigans stunt caught
the public fancy and he was given a heros welcome on his return to New York.

More info:  http://www.expage.com/corrigan1

Bill "The new Allen" Gilroy                 mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net

///