Stuttering @ high RPM

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stuttering @ high RPM
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 12:42:43 -0400
All,

Had the midget out today.  Ran great for a while,  then I had a problem at
high RPM.  Seemed I had no power to get the car up to 4K RPM, and then right
around there,  it would stutter and miss.  Shut the car off by a friends
house,  stopped for a minute.  Started it up and drove off.  Now no power at
all, missing at almost all RPM if under load.  I slowly brought the engine
to 5K rpm with no load and held it there for a few seconds.  Brought it back
down,  then it was fine.  I'm thinking a piece of dirt in the jets that got
readjusted when I shut down the car,  and got dislodged under the high RPM.
ANy thoughts?

Mike
'78 MIdget (without an in line fuel filter, but I'm on the way to AutoZone
to get one right now.

///