New England Listers.. Please Help

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: New England Listers.. Please Help
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 14:37:49 EDT
Hello All-

I have a bit of a problem perhaps someone can help me with. I guess there is
a bit of sexism still in the auto industry???? I have contacted 2 different
companies in my area (southern NH, northeastern Mass.) and here were the
scenarios. On both ocassions I stated what I wanted done to my 1500 Midget,
basic things like having all the hoses and gaskets replaced, new water pump,
fuel pump, and a new speedo pinion installed (I have most of these things
already) to mention a few things. These are pretty routine things, not like I
was asking for a whole restoration or anything. Anyways, I emailed them the
list and asked them to set me an appointment and that anytime they had
available would be fine- I just need these things done because the car had
been sitting for 10 years! I'm pretty crafty, but I am not a mechanic and I
don't have a garage to work in or a boyfriend/husband, so my options are
either have someone do it for me or it doesn't get done. Anyways, the
bottomline is neither one of them ever got back to me. I have the money to
spend on it, but nobody seems to want it! My guess is that they aren't taking
me seriously and I'm pretty much on my own here. Now I don't even want to
take it to these people because I feel like if I have to pressure them to get
an appointment, I worry they will jab me with a high bill.

Anyways, enough rambling, I would like to know if any of you out there can
help me out. Most mechanics will not work on LBC's unless they specialize in
it, so I'm limited. If any of you know someone who can do these things on it
for me or can tell me someone who's reliable and won't rip me off, please
tell me. I'm willing to drive anywhere in new england as long as I can get
the work done and done properly. Any suggestions would be most helpful as I
am at my wit's end with the way these mechanics have been treating me!

Thanks,

-=Kristen
'79 MG Midget
'01 Mitsu Eclipse