Re: 2001 Spring fund Drive

To: mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2001 Spring fund Drive
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 09:56:26 EDT
In a message dated 4/8/01 10:38:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mjb@autox.team.net writes:

> On the other hand, if you count yourself as one who wishes to contribute to
> the
> continuation of what I am up to, here's what I request.  Send a check,
> payable
> in United States funds to the order of 'Fat Chance Garage' to
>
> Fat Chance Garage
> PO Box 58333
> Salt Lake City, Utah

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Let me just throw in something here, esp. for any new listers who may have
joined in the last year or so.  Mark B. is another one of those people I have
met on these lists but never in person, and I consider him a friend.  I
contribute to him every time I get one of these e-mail requests, because he
is doing a service to us that can never be fully appreciated.

Think about this poor man, huddled in the dark, lit only by his monitor,
maintaining 85 motoring enthusiast lists for 16,000 listers just like you.
He sips his cold tea and eats day old porridge, whilst his fingers are worn
short by typing all day long.

Well, maybe it isn't quite that bad, but a small donation is certainly in
order.  Last year Mark upgraded his equipment, and as we all know, this can
be an ongoing expense.  If you want to keep the fun going, sell the cat and
send the proceeds to Mark.  He is for real, and you can bet he isn't wasting
your money on loose women.  (You aren't, are you, Mark?)

Remember, Mark is an LBC owner, just like you.  Send him a coupla bucks and
keep the music playing.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget