Re: heater tap seal ?

To: pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
Subject: Re: heater tap seal ?
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 01:38:20 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 4/9/01 11:06:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com writes:

<< Does anyone one have any experience with repairing the heater shutoff valve
 (see below). Is anything beyond the fiber washer needed? >>

Hi All

I just got finished with the original tap on my '60 Bugeye and here is what I
used.  Not only did I replace the red fiber washer but also the pot metal
base, both parts I got from Moss, and both were of very good quality.  The
origiinal sealing material for the tap is Water Pump Packing which is a fiber
packing (string material) impregnated with a lubricant.  It is availible from
Restoration Supply Company in Reno, NV.  The last number I had for them was
(702) 825-5663.

Cheers

Curt Arndt
Carlsbad, CA