Re: 1275 Air Pump

To: richard.arnold@juno.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1275 Air Pump
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 07:20:40 EDT
In a message dated 4/14/2001 11:55:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
richard.arnold@juno.com writes:

> would the vent tube on the valve cover simply be capped, or should it be
> tied into the PCV line leading to the carbs?

Rich:  It should be tied into the PCV line leading to the carbs or led into a
container that can catch the oil that emits from the tube.  The smog engine
is a closed system that produces internal pressure, and that is the tube that
allows release of that pressure.  At least that is the way I understand it.
So you need either that tube open or a vented oil filler cap to relieve that
pressure.

--David C.

///