Re: Fuel Tank Ground

To: Maclean Mike <macleans@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Tank Ground
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 17:58:15 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Maclean Mike wrote:

>   My question is, is the tank supposed to ground to the body
> somehow?  There is only one wire going to the sending unit and the
> sending unit casing contacts the tank through the six top screws.  So,
> is the tank supposed to ground to the car chassis somehow?

Mike

The fuel sender is much like the electric tachs on later Spridgets.
An added ground wire makes all the difference in the world.

The sender is semi isolated by the cork gasket, the tank sits on rubber
strips, only the nuts make the ground.
Since you have the tank out, add a ground wire to one of the screws on
the sender, ground it to the rear tank nut.
No one will ever know it's there and I bet it cures the gauge needle.
It worked for me.

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ