Ignition Question

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ignition Question
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 19:12:27 -0400
Hey,

I just replaced my old, worn, bad-vacuum 25D with a
brand-new Euro-Spec 45D. Engine runs better, smoother,
with more power and acceleration. Iddles better too.

BUTTTTTT!!! the damned timing marks done gone.
Seems like it 180 out??

The cap goes on in only one position (an indexing notch).

The shaft goes into the engine in only 1 position (offset
drive dog).

I inserted the 45D just about like the 25D went in.
Using the 1342 order, with #1 at about 4 oclock, it idles
and runs well. But I can't time it cause the marks are gone.

Seems crazy to have to put #1 way over at about 7 oclock
(where 4 is now), doesn't it?

What am I missing? What have I done? What can I
do to get them timing marks back?

chuck

///