Re: unisync? why?

To: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: unisync? why?
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 00:12:45 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello Charles,

Sunday, April 22, 2001, 7:45:30 AM, you wrote:

CC>   bill,

CC> why use a unisync?  you can synchronise the carbs with a piece of 1/2" or
CC> 5/8" heater hose.  just listen to the pitch of the air being drawn through
CC> the hose as you adjust the carbs.  switch the hose back and forth between
CC> the 2 carbs and you will be finished when they "sound" the same.   once you
CC> have done it this way , buying the tool seems a bit silly!  of course
CC> watching a gauge works quite well when you can not hear very
CC> well...............lol!

There are two answers, the short and the long.  The short is I am lame
:-)  The long is while I am a decent mechanic, I really don't have a
good ear when it comes to tuning cars.  Guys that are really good can
hear a slight miss, or some other noise. All I hear is noise, I really
can't hear the difference.  As with all things in life, some people
are really good, some people are really bad, and most are within 2
standard deviations of the normal.  Me and tuning cars is close to the
norm.  Any help I can get, I welcome.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net