Re: Clutch bleed problems ...

To: Daniel1312@aol.com, Louis.Mehr@eml.ericsson.se, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch bleed problems ...
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 17:28:21 EDT
In a message dated 4/23/2001 1:23:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Daniel1312@aol.com writes:

> This is one of the more diffcult tasks on a Spridget.  When I last did this
> think it was on my own but it helps if there are 2 people.  I always have
> some way/person pushing the clutch push rod back up into the slave as hard
> as
> possible when bleeding.  I forget what spanner I used but it would have
> been
> nothing flash (pre Snap-on days for me).

There is a way to screw a fitting into the bleeder hole in the clutch master
and run brake pipe up into the engine compartment, then thread the pipe and
screw in a bleeder.  That way the clutch can be bled from under the bonnet. I
don't remember the exact fittings or pipe sizes, but it sounded like a
sterling idea.

--David C.

///