Re: Price on 1275 engine and Sprite Transmission

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Price on 1275 engine and Sprite Transmission
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 19:25:19 -0700 (PDT)
> --- type79@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> Charlie,
> I'm not the most knowledgeable lister to answer this
> question, so you will want to consider my comments >
along with others, but here
> goes.

I agree with Jay - if it's not in a running car,
assume a rebuild unless it's so cheap you're willing
to take the chance.  And trannys are a crapshoot,
IMHO.  When I got my 1275 for my Bugeye
(http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=165424&a=1206957&f=0
for a limited time only!) it was complete carbs to
flywheel, and turned over.  That's all I cared about,
and the seller (Hayes Harris at Wirewheel.com)
guaranteed it to be free from cracks and rebuildable.
Assuming a rebuild up front, every surface will be
re-machined anyway.  It cost $150 or so (about $145
more than Frank C. has ever paid for a motor, but he's
a special case).  What's in the pictures is $1500 -
$2000 or so later, and I disassembled and assembled it
myself.  The head is a smog head, BTW, with recessed
plugs for the air rail, and skimmed to get the CR up a
bit.

=====
Ron Soave

"Why do I try when it seems hopeless?  Well, 100% of
the shots-on-goal I never took didn't score."
- Wayne Gretzky

=====
Ron Soave

"Why do I try when it seems hopeless?  Well, 100% of the shots-on-goal I never
took didn't score."
- Wayne Gretzky
http://auctions.yahoo.com/

///