A Small Problem

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: A Small Problem
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 21:08:53 -0400
I had the yellow Bugeye up on jack stands to do all the work on it for a
while. Rebuild slave cylinder, convert to disc brakes, install electric
fuel pump, replace front seal. All went reasonably well, except that the
fuel pump didn't work. Not getting fuel from the tank. After trying lots
of stuff, I had to take it down and see what was wrong. I shook it and
it sounded like it was full of pea gravel! My friend Sam and I messed
around until he said maybe a shop vac would work. It did. I found: 3
stones about an inch in diameter, a broken parking light, a metal film
spool (127 film), a card table hinge, 1/2 a clothespin, a section of
plastic tube 1/2 inch in diameter, and a Sprite flash. All appeared to
be very old and very clean. I took off the undercoating and painted it.
It's going back in tomorrow. You never know what problems your LBC is
going to give you!

Roger Cottng
59 Bugeye ( Yellow Beauty)
60 Bugeye ( Ironhead)